Commonwealth Scholarships have fully funded scholarships for students in the Commonwealth countries/regions.
The HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 for Pakistani Bs, Ms. Ph.D. Students aim to contribute to the development needs of the Commonwealth countries by developing qualified professionals and academics and contributing to the objectives of UK higher education and foreign policy by promoting cooperation and connections.
In this post, we have detailed everything you need to know about HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023, including Level/Field of Study, Host Nationality, Eligible Nationalities, Scholarship Value, Eligibility, Deadline, and HEC Commonwealth Scholarship Application has to.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023
The HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Masters, and Ph.D. funded. Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to acquire advanced knowledge and skills needed for sustainable development and are aimed at those who otherwise could not afford to study in the UK.
The duration of the scholarship program is one year for the master’s and three years for the doctorate. from autumn 2023.
This Commonwealth Scholarship is for applicants from the middle and lower-tier Commonwealth countries for a full-time Masters and Doctorate (Ph.D.) study program at a UK university.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) administers the UK contribution to the CSFP.
The CSC supports around 700 awards annually. The awards are funded by the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills, and the Scottish Government in partnership with UK universities.
level/field of study
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships are principally for Master’s and Ph.D. students. Students pursuing a degree in the disciplines below from a UK university. Disciplines include:
- Science and technologies to growth
- Strengthen health systems and skills
- Improve global prosperity
- Strengthening international peace, governance, and security
- Strengthen durability and response to crises
- Accessibility, Addition, and Modification
- guest nationality
- The Commonwealth Scholarship Program is hosted by the United Kingdom (UK).
The available countries that are eligible for a Commonwealth Scholarship are Commonwealth countries
The scholarship includes the following:
- Approved flight from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of dependent person air fares nor, generally, the cost of the travel undertaken before the final approval of your award).
- They approved tuition.
- Bursary (housing allowance) of £1,084 per month or £1,330 for students at universities in the metropolitan area of London (prices shown at 2022/2023 levels).
- Possibly expense allowance for warm clothing.
- Study travel grants for study trips within the UK or overseas.
- The provision for the cost of fieldwork abroad (usually the cost of a round trip Economy Class flight to your fieldwork location) has been approved.
- Paid stopover (airfare) in your home country (unless you claimed spousal and/or child support during your fellowship or obtained a return flight to your home country for field research).
- The family allowances are as follows:
- Spouse Allowance of £233 per month if you and your spouse live together at the same address in the UK (unless your spouse is also on a stipend; other conditions also apply). Child Allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third children under 16 if you are accompanied by your spouse and children and they live with you at the same address in the UK.
- If you’re widowed, divorced, or single parent, you’ll receive a child allowance of £465 per month for the first child and £114 per month for the second and third children under the age of 16 if you are accompanied by your children and they live with you same address in the UK.
- CSC family allowances are only intended to contribute to the cost of maintaining your family in the UK. The actual cost is likely to be significantly higher and you will need to be able to top up these allowances to support family members coming to the UK with you.
Duration of the program
The total duration of this scholarship program is one year for the master’s and three years for the PhD. from autumn 2021.`
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 Eligibility
Admission is available under the Commonwealth Scholarship in the UK for 2021. The standard eligibility requirements are as follows:
Be described as Pakistan/AJK domestic and a permanent resident in Pakistan/AJK.
Age should not be significantly higher than 30 years for a Master’s and 35 years for Ph.D. during application.
Be accessible to start your academic studies in the UK at the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
For the Master’ Scholarship, the candidate must hold a first-class degree in all aspects of higher education qualification (16-year degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA, etc.) from the relevant field of study at the application deadline.
For a Ph.D. Scholarship candidates are required to demonstrate a first-class degree in all aspects of postgraduate qualification (17/18 year MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by the application deadline.
Not having a third division throughout your academic career and a maximum of two-second divisions are allowed, but the candidate must not have a second division in degree/final degree.
Must apply under any of the above subjects and on the CSC website and the applicant’s field of study must be relevant to the future development needs of Pakistan.
NOT to be registered for a Ph.D. or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D. or a Master at a UK university before September/October 2021, or for a candidate who has not previously studied at the same level in the UK.
You cannot financially afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
How to Apply for an HEC Commonwealth Scholarship
Apply online at the HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After you have registered and filled out your profile, please select “Study opportunities abroad” in the “Grants and scholarships” menu on the left-hand side of the online portal. After that, apply online through the Electronic Application System (EAS) for the Commonwealth Scholarship. at: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/applicants/phd-scholarships-low-middle-income-countries/
Upload a deposit slip of Rs. 500/- (original) deposited through HEC Online Account No. 17427900133401 at HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through the HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. available.
All applications for Masters/Ph.D. Without submitting the EAS application form and the online HEC form, it will not be taken into account in any case.
Save your HEC online application and Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
Hardcopies of the HEC application form (along with the deposit slip, relevant academic documents i.e. transcripts, equivalency for a foreign degree, intended purpose, study/research plan, copies of the CNIC) and Commonwealth grant forms will only be shortlisted from shortlisted candidates.
More about HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023
HEC may conduct a test/interview or both to shortlist candidates.
Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be forwarded through the HEC.
HEC supports equal opportunities; For this reason, women are encouraged to apply.
The HEC will shortlist the eligible applicants based on the selection criteria i.e. highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan and importance of selected applicant field, future development needs in Pakistan, provincial/regional quota as well as the number of scholarship places allocated Wahl draw Pakistani students.
Handwritten applications, incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. The recommendation of the nominating agency, ie the HEC, is likely to be binding and final soon.
It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to the HEC online system and the EAS online application form simultaneously before December 12, 2021, as applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered in any case.
Do not send hard copies of applications at this point. The deadline for submitting the HEC online application is September 30th.
Interested and qualified Hec Commonwealth Scholarship candidates should click on the Commonwealth Scholarship Application Portal to apply
For more information on Commonwealth Scholarships and how to apply online, follow the links below:
Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA) Scholarship Cell
HRD Department, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-8/1, Islamabad.