How To Clean The RAM Memory Of The Computer So That It Goes Faster
If you are curious to know exactly how much memory is used by each application you are working with on your computer, if you use Windows 10, you can check it by pressing: Ctrl + Alt + Delete. This shortcut is to go to the ‘ Task Manager, then you have to go to ‘Processes’ and see what percentage of memory each application is using.
In summary, the more RAM the computer has, the greater the ability to carry out several processes at the same time in an agile way.
Clean computer RAM
To free RAM from the computer we can follow several steps that we are going to see below:
1. Restart the computer. This is a classic that, in this case, works. And it does so because when you turn off the computer, all applications are closed and the RAM is empty. When you boot it up again, only the operating system and other startup applications will load.
2. Refresh the browser. Browsers need a lot of RAM so you must have the latest version to ensure you are at the top of efficiency with the App.
3. Filter apps. Keep only the ones that really matter to you and thus avoid spending RAM, even for background activities. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager and under the Memory column, you should see how much memory is being used in total, and how much each app is using individually.
4. Check startup programs. It is very important that you check what exactly everything starts when you open the computer because all of it consumes energy and memory. Press as before: control + alt + delete to open the task manager. And from there go to “Start” to choose the programs to disable. To do this we must click on each one with the right mouse button. After this step, restart your computer.
5. Close background apps. To stop these applications that consume RAM, what you should do is go to Settings and click on Privacy. Once there, select “Background applications” in the side menu and pay for those applications that you do not need.
6. Remove malware. Also, this can cause problems with RAM and cause slowness. One way to get rid of it is to run a malware scanner. Hopefully, it doesn’t find anything, but spending a few minutes scanning your computer and keeping it clean isn’t a bad idea.
Free up RAM in Windows
Apart from the tips that we have just seen, it is important to check if the version of Windows installed is the most current or not, because that has an impact on the speed of the processes. To check if you can read this article on enabling or disabling Windows updates.
If the problem is persistent, you have to check very carefully what is running at all times on your computer. To do this, do the following:
1. Open task manager by pressing “Ctrl+Shift+Esc”.
2. Click the “Start” button.
3. Disable the programs that you don’t want to start when the system boots and all that remains is to restart.
How to free up RAM on Mac
1. Open a command terminal
2. Type “sudo purge” (if you have XCode installed)
3. Enter your password
As in the previous cases, a restart is necessary.
There are also multiple programs on the market to clear RAM, but we recommend that you try these simple steps first. Luck!