MS NOW reporter lays out ‘false’ statistics from Patel FBI after obtaining data on Biden’s tenure

NEWNow you can listen to Fox News articles!
An MS NOW reporter is blasting FBI statistics that he calls “fake” after he previously said they were released under the Biden administration without such vetting.
MS NOW justice reporter Ken Dilanian co-authored a report last week accusing FBI Director Kash Patel of “making up the numbers” to inflate arrest numbers, citing agency insiders.
“It was good to hear Kash Patel actually lean on these figures, which our sources say are bogus,” Dilanian said, referring to Patel’s controversial Senate case.
WHITE HOUSE RELEASES STORY ‘OVER SICK’ RESPONSE ‘GOOD WELL’ TO STORY OF DC SHOOTING ON NATIONAL GUARD.
MS NOW justice reporter Ken Dilanian called FBI Director Kash Patel’s “bogus” crime statistics. (Screenshot/MS NOW)
Dilanian said Patel “changed the policy” so that violent arrests made by other agencies the FBI was involved in were included in the count, saying, “There’s not a large number of fugitives or detainees being taken off the streets. It’s just a numbers game.”
He also accused Patel’s FBI of “gaming the system” when it proposed the arrest of the FBI’s Most Wanted, saying the agency would put names on the list shortly before they were arrested.
“We looked at the numbers: four of the six fugitives abducted during Patel’s tenure were caught within a month of being listed, two within a day, one within an hour,” Dilanian said.
“So these figures don’t add up and Patel is claiming credit for things that are not genuine,” he added.
FBI Denies ATLANTIC REPORTERS INVESTIGATING BEHIND VIOLENT EPISODE ON KASH PATEL.

FBI Director Kash Patel praised the agency’s promotion of foreign rendition of two high-profile targets, one from Iraq and one from Colombia. (Win McNamee/Getty Images)
FBI spokesman Ben Williamson dismissed the allegations, telling Dilanian in his report, “The allegations here that seek to undermine the law are false and are just the latest attempt to derail the FBI and this officer’s year of reducing crime in the history of the United States.”
However, as X personality Maze Moore highlighted Thursday, Dilanian appeared to have little doubt about the crime statistics released by the FBI during the Biden era and even chastised Republican opponents for not believing them.
“The latest FBI numbers, from the cities, by the way — the FBI doesn’t include these numbers — show that violent crime is down 3% in 2023 and that homicides are down 11.6%. That’s the biggest single-year drop in history,” Dilanian told co-host Katy Tur in September 2024.
NBC Correspondent KEN DILANIAN APOLOGIZES FOR DROPPING F-BOMB, SAYING ‘OH S—‘ ON AIR

NBC News correspondent Ken Dilanian criticized Republicans for not accepting Biden-era FBI statistics showing a drop in violent crime in September 2024. (Screenshot/MSNBC)
Dilanian argued that candidate and former President Donald Trump’s claim that violent crime had increased 43% under then-President Joe Biden was “absolutely false.” He also rejected Trump’s claim that cities are no longer reporting crime statistics to the FBI, insisting that “94% of the population” is represented in the latest data, which he celebrated as approaching pre-pandemic levels.
“That shouldn’t be controversial, but it’s not because Republicans and others insist that this data is wrong, that crime is somehow up when we’re down,” Dilanian separately told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell at the time.
“This is a good story. It’s too bad that not everyone is willing to accept it,” he said later.
MS NOW did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment. Fox News Digital has also reached out to the FBI for comment.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS PROGRAM



