Easy? Not at all, learning how to get out of the comfort zone and making the decision to do so produces fear, anxiety, doubts, and fears.
However, once you decide to do it, you begin to feel that your life is growing.
Successful people understand the importance of stepping out of their comfort zone and pushing themselves, breaking their limits, trying new experiences, and expanding the power of the mind.
Getting out of your comfort zone implies that you are clear that, to obtain different results, you need to act differently. And while it can be scary, escaping your routine can be fun.
How to get out of the comfort zone quickly:
Surely you are thinking that reading it is very easy and that the difficult thing is to get out of that vicious circle of anxieties, routines, and monotony.
However, getting out of the comfort zone does not require big changes as many think, rather it requires practical, simple, but risky ideas that, little by little, will get you out of your routine.
In this article you will find 40 tricks to get out of your comfort zone; some quite simple, some that require effort and courage, and others that may seem useless to you, but that, surely, after trying them, will make you feel much better.
Each of these tricks to get out of the comfort zone have the goal that you dare to change your habits, think outside the context, increase your mental power, and abandon limiting beliefs that have taken you where you are today.
Let us begin.
1. Explore new ways to earn money. For example, if you have a room available in your house, become an Airbnb host, and offer it. In this way, you will generate new sources of income.
2. Take a cold shower. The idea is to expose your body to physical stress and that you manage to adapt to it.
3. Talk to 5 different people on the street.
4. Get up early. Wake up before your alarm goes off, go for a walk or take your bike.
5. Donate, give away, or throw away something you no longer use. Practice this trick to lead a minimalist lifestyle.
6. Try a different route to work, you will expose your brain to new stimuli.
7. Cook something you’ve never tried before.
8. Turn off your cell phone and computer for 2 days. Limit the consumption of technology, content, and social networks.
9. Say yes to the next invitation you get or ask someone out you haven’t seen in a while. As stated in the Surrender Experiment book, surrender to life and the plan it has for you.
10. Learn something you don’t like, or think is useless, like math or some words in another language. Break out of your knowledge and explore a new area.
11. Go out wearing something weird, or at least catch the attention of the rest. Stop following standards and follow your passion.
12. Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while, and surprise them.
14. Ask a stranger on the street what day it is, and when he answers, tell him that what you want to know is what year it is. Note: This is completely weird and weird, but an effective way to overcome your fears. This is what getting out of your comfort zone is all about.
15. The next time you buy something, look to pay less by getting a discount or promotion. Not only will you be able to save money, but you will learn to negotiate.
16. Go to work by bicycle. You will contribute to the environment, you will exercise, you will arrive with energy and it is an excellent healthy habit.
18. Leave your house 5 minutes before the time you usually get up. Make sure you do what you want, as long as you walk a little, and get to know the surroundings of your work.
19. A crazy idea to get out of your comfort zone is to install a camera and record yourself during your workday; look at it later and analyze yourself as if it weren’t you, judge how this person spends his days, and suggest some changes and recommendations.
20. Visit a new restaurant or bar you don’t know, instead of returning to the same old one. You can set a rule for every eight days to visit a new place.
21. If you have a job from home, or if you spend all day at home, pack your lunch and spend the afternoon in a park, or leave the place where you spend most of your time.
22. Help a person on the street in any way, donate something that you no longer use to a foundation.
23. Wish three strangers you walk by a good morning. It may sound weird, but you are going to get out of your comfort zone.
24. Take a deep breath and try to conquer one of your biggest fears (height, flying, snakes, or any animal)
25. If you work online, try to change your workplace, visit a cafe, a coworking, a park, or a shopping center where you see different people.
26. Leave your parents’ house and live on your own for a month. You will understand that facing fears, such as loneliness, is the key to leaving your comfort zone.
27. Quit a vice for a week (coffee, cigarettes, beer, gambling). Perhaps you understand that this does not add up to your life, and you make it a habit.
28. If you’re single, find someone to talk to and tell them why you like them. It is about exposing yourself to situations where you feel uncomfortable and seeing that it is more complex in the mind than it is in reality.
29. Move to a new city or country, and learn a new language. For this, look for an exchange, a course in another country, or international volunteering that allows you to get to know new cultures.
30. The next time you attend an event and the director asks for a volunteer, offer yourself. You will have to expose yourself to an audience, look it in the face and overcome your fear.
31. Overcome the fear of public speaking by giving a talk or conference as soon as you get a chance.
32. If you always order a drink at the bar, order an orange juice or iced tea. Give up the liquor for eight days and see how you feel.
33. If you go on vacation, stay in a hostel and share a room. This type of discomfort is one of the keys to leaving the comfort zone.
34. Visit a public place and look for people who share tastes with you, sit with them, and enjoy their company.
35. If you are learning a new language, speak only this one for a week. You can visit cafes in your city where foreign languages are practiced.
36. Go for a run. According to Neuroscience, this is the key to being smarter and having a better memory
37. Sleep naked even if it seems very difficult for you.
38. Stop texting for a week, and as difficult as it may seem, stop using your cell phone while driving. Beyond leaving your comfort zone, you are responsible for your safety.
39. Find a part-time job that seems strange to you and apply for it. You will be able to earn extra money and it will serve as a new source of income.
40. Try to read a book while you are on the bus or subway, and leave the music aside for some time.
Although these ideas to get out of the comfort zone are not easy to practice in your day-to-day life, once you do, you will see that the difficulties and impediments are in your mind and not in reality and that those limiting beliefs are not more than fears that are not worth it.