This post focuses on everything you need to know about Chevening Scholarships, the UK Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023, level/field of study, host nationality, countries eligible for Chevening Scholarships, and how to apply.
- Chevening Scholarships
- UK Chevening Scholarships
- How Much Is That British Chevening Scholarship Was?
- How to Become a Chevening Scholar
- How to Apply for UK Chevening Scholarships 2022-2023
- Eligibility Requirements for the British Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023
- What is the deadline for Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023 application?
Chevening offers fully-funded scholarships, thereby helping students to focus on achieving their academic goals and to enjoy the experience of a lifetime in the UK. Students can live and study in the UK for a year, during which they develop professionally and academically, expand their network, experience British culture, and build lasting positive relationships in the UK.
UK Chevening Scholarships
The Chevening Scholarship Program is the UK Government’s international award scheme aimed at developing world leaders. Chevening is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations and offers two types of awards – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Societies – whose recipients are personally selected by British embassies and high commissions around the world.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to international students who show leadership potential and also have strong academic backgrounds. The scholarship provides financial support for a master’s degree at any UK university and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 50,000 alumni.
The call for new applicants follows the selection of some 1,800 scholars who received an award this year to study at a British university.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
This scholarship is for international students pursuing their master’s studies in the United Kingdom. Also, read if you want to study outside your country Simple and detailed answers about applying and winning a scholarship.
The Chevening UK Government Scholarship is offered in the United Kingdom (UK). If you are an international student and want to study in the UK, this is a complete guide to obtaining a UK Tier 4 student visa for international students.
How Much Is That British Chevening Scholarship Was?
Chevening Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship worth more than £ 18,000. The scholarship provides for the following issues for a lucky winner;
Tuition fees, accommodation costs, travel costs, visa costs
Contribution to health tests, ie TB testing where necessary
The duration of the Chevening event is one year and it can be renewed for students who are already enjoying the package.
How to Become a Chevening Scholar
To become one of the British Chevening scholars, you must:
- Be a Citizen of a Chevening Eligible Land
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your grant expires
- Have an undergraduate degree that enables you to gain access to a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to a higher two-class 2: 1 honors degree in the UK.
- Has at least two years of work experience. Apply to three different qualifying UK university courses and receive an unconditional offer of one of these choices by 13 July 2022.
- Meet the Chevening English language needs by 13 July 2022
How to Apply for UK Chevening Scholarships 2022-2023
The application for the UK Chevening Scholarships 2022-2023 follows immediately after reading the requirements. The application is done online. There is no application form offline.
You can only use the online platform to apply. Persons wishing to apply for Chevening Scholarships 2022-2023 can do so via the official Chevening Scholarship Registration Portal below, where they can download the Chevening Scholarship form pdf.
Through the Chevening website
Eligibility Requirements for the British Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- To be eligible for Chevening, you must be a citizen of a Chevening-qualified nation or territory.
- After your grant expires, you must return to your home country for at least two years.
- By the time you submit your application, you must have completed all the components of an undergraduate degree with which you can enroll in a postgraduate program at a UK university. In the UK, this is generally comparable to a higher second class 2: 1 honors degree, but this may change depending on your subject and university of choice.
- Has at least two years of work experience (equivalent to 2,800 hours).
- By 14 July 2022, you should have applied for three separate qualifying UK university programs and received an unconditional offer from one of them.
If you meet the following criteria, you will not be considered for a Chevening scholarship:
- Unless you are a citizen of a British overseas territory or have BN (O) and are applying from Hong Kong, you must be a British or dual British citizen.
- Has refugee status in a country that is not a qualifying country. Applicants must have citizens of a country eligible for Chevening, and refugee status in the country to be eligible for a scholarship.
- Is a current or former employee of the government of Her Majesty (including British Embassies / High Commissions, the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department of International Trade, the Ministry of Defense, and the Home Office), or a member of the Staff of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, and family members * of employees of Chevening Partner organizations may apply, but they will not be able to earn a Chevening Partner award from the organization where they work, have previously worked, or are related.
- Previously studied in the UK with the support of a UK government scholarship.
If you have applied for this Chevening Scholarship program before the deadline, but have not yet submitted your English language test results or your unconditional university offer, you must upload it to your application by February 2023. Use the ‘upload application documents’ button above to upload them. Note that only documents can be uploaded in PDF format and that documents can not be larger than 5MB.
If you are ultimately conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, you must submit these documents to stay in the process.
English Language Requirements
To receive a Chevening Award, all applicants must indicate that they have complied with the Chevening English language requirement by February 2023. All applicants are advised to comply with the English language requirement as early as possible by either:
- Take an English language test
- Requires a release based on the UKVI released categories
If you do not demonstrate that you have reached the required English language level by 16 July 2022 or have not proved that you qualify for an exemption, your application will not be successful.
English language tests
You can take tests more than once to meet the Chevening English language requirement. Please note that Chevening does not pay for English language testing costs. You are responsible for booking and paying costs associated with these tests.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five suppliers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academies
- TOEFL iBT
- C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge English: Advanced [CAE])
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
The English language test must be taken on or after 1 October 2019 from one of these providers. If you do not already have an existing qualifying test certificate, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have booked a test date so that you can get the required results.
The overall score of 6.5 with a minimum score in each component of:
- Listen 5.5
- 5.5 _
- Talk 5.5
- Write 5.5
Pearson PTE Academies
The overall score of 58 with a minimum score in each component of:
- Listen 42
- Read 42
- Talk 42
- Write 42
TOEFL iBT The overall score of 79 with a minimum score in each component of:
- Listen 17
- Lees 18
- Steak 20
- Write 17
The overall score of 176 with a minimum score in each component of:
- Listen 162
- Lees 162
- Steak 162
- Write 162
Trinity ISE II (B2)
Overall pass and minimum pass in each skill across both modules:
- listen 2
- Lees 15
- Talk 8
- Write 14
Please note that the turnaround time for English language tests varies:
- IELTS results will be available in 13 days
- PTE Academic results will be available over five working days
- TOEFL results will be available in about ten days
- C1 Advanced results will be available in two weeks
- Trinity results will be available in 14 days
English language test results are sometimes withheld or delayed due to standard audit procedures performed by the test provider.
Please note that extensions of the July 16 deadline will not be allowed in cases where results are withheld or delayed, and applicants must therefore ensure that they take their test fees before the deadline.
Remember to prepare in advance for your English test.
What is the deadline for Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023 application?
Applications for 2022/2023 Chevening Scholarships are now closed. However, you can sign up for our push notification to be notified when the application resumes later in the year.
From 3 November, applications will be written off according to the eligibility criteria.