The founder of Microsoft is listed as the richest man in the world (July 2018); according to Forbes magazine. Only until a few months ago, it was #1; but it has been overtaken by Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.
Beyond the amount of money he has, he is and will be a benchmark for this generation and generations to come. That’s why we share the best 55 phrases of Bill Gates (below the video)
Or if you prefer to see a short video with some of his best phrases, just press play
55 Bill Gates phrases to inspire you to go further.
- I choose lazy people for complicated jobs because I know they will find an easy way to do it.
- Life is not fair, get used to it!
- Leaders are those who empower others.
- Do not compare yourself with anyone in this world, if you do, you are insulting yourself.
- There are always more challenges than hours.
- It’s okay to celebrate successes, but it’s more important to pay attention to the lessons of failures.
- My success… I owe it to the fact that I concentrated on a few things.
- We tell people that if no one is laughing at at least one of their ideas, they’re probably not being creative enough.
Bill Gates Quotes #9.
- Success is a lousy teacher, it seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- The great advances of humanity are not its discoveries; if not how those discoveries will be applied to reduce inequality.
- Our competitors didn’t think of software in this global way. They did not think about tools or efficiency. So they created a product, but they didn’t revamp it to bring it to the next generation.
- Steve and I were very different. But we were both good at picking people. We were both hyper-energetic and worked super hard.
- Money is of no use to me beyond a certain point. Its usefulness is entirely in building an organization and bringing resources to the world’s poorest.
- Your unhappiest customers are your best source of learning.
- Intellectual property has the shelf life of a banana.
Bill Gates quotes #16.
- Of my mental cycles, I dedicate maybe 10% to business thinking. The business is not that complicated.
- The market does not drive scientists, communicators, thinkers, the government to do things right. And just paying attention to these things, and having brilliant people who care and attract other people; we can make all the progress we need.
- Stability and education are important…but innovation is the real engine of progress.
- If I think an idea is a waste of time or inappropriate, I don’t wait to point it out. I say it right away. In real-time. So you can hear me say, “That’s the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard,” many times during a meeting.
- We make the future sustainable when we invest in the poor, not when we dwell on their suffering.
Bill Gates Quotes #21.
- We all need people who give us their opinion. This is how we improve.
- Treatment without prevention is simply unsustainable.
- We have to invest a lot of money in changing behavior.
- The most incredible philanthropists are the people who are making a significant sacrifice.
- The general idea of the rich helping the poor seems important to me.
- I think that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions, they will be moved to act.
- Personally, I’d like to see more of our leaders take a technocratic approach to solving our biggest problems.
Bill Gates quotes #28.
- Like my friend Warren Buffett, I feel particularly lucky to be able to do something I love every day.
- We have to find a way to make the aspects of capitalism that serve the richest people; also serve the poorest people.
- Expectations are a form of truth: if people believe them, they are true.
- The belief that the world is getting worse and that we cannot solve extreme poverty and disease is not only wrong; it is harmful
- When a country has the ability and self-confidence to take action against its biggest problems, it makes foreigners eager to be a part of it.
- I really had a lot of dreams growing up, and I think a lot of that came from the fact that I got to read a lot.
Bill Gates Quotes #34.
- Be nice to nerds. You will most likely end up working for one.
- Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids to work together and get motivated; the teacher is the most important.
- If you give people tools and they use their natural abilities and curiosity; they will develop things in ways that will surprise you far beyond what you could have expected.
- We always overestimate the change that will happen in the next two years, and we underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.
- To win big, sometimes you have to take big risks.
- I failed some test items, but my friend passed away on all of them. Now he is an engineer at Microsoft and I am the owner.
Bill Gates Quotes #40.
- Measure programming progress by the number of lines of code; it is like measuring the progress of the construction of the plane by its weight.
- Capitalism is this wonderful thing that motivates people; makes wonderful inventions happen. But when it comes to diseases in the world in general, we were disappointed.
- When you have money, you forget who you are. When you have no money, the world forgets you.
- Just in terms of time resource allocation, religion is not very efficient. There is so much more you could be doing on a Sunday morning.
- The advancement of technology is based on making it fit. In such a way that it is not noticed and is part of everyday life.
- About three million computers are sold each year in China, but people don’t pay for the software. However, one day they will. As long as they’re going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They will be addicted and then somehow; we’ll figure out how to collect them sometime in the next decade.
Bill Gates quotes #46.
- The first rule of any technology used in a business; is that automation applied to an efficient operation will increase efficiency. The second is that automation is applied to an inefficient operation; inefficiency will increase.
- The Internet will help achieve “friction-free capitalism.” By putting the buyer and seller in direct contact and by providing them with more information about each other.
- To create a new standard, you need something that isn’t just a little bit different. It takes something new and something that captures people’s imagination.
- People are always afraid of change. They were afraid of electricity when it was invented, right? They also feared coal and gasoline engines… There will always be ignorance, and ignorance leads to fear. But over time, people will accept.
- Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t have summers, and very few employers are interested in helping you.
Bill Gates Quotes #51.
- Patience is a key element of success.
- A first-generation fortune is the most likely to be donated. But once a fortune is inherited, a very high percentage are less likely to return to society.
- In terms of getting things done, I take a pretty scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don’t know if there is a god or not, but I think the religious principles are quite valid.
- Powerful women are sexually voracious rulers like Catherine the Great or Elizabeth I; or treacherous bitches like Cleopatra or Helen of Troy.
- Software is a great combination between art and engineering.